Thursday, April 2, 2020

2002-11-15

Originally written on November 15, 2002 at 2:00 am outside a college cafeteria.

Why then, O brawling love, O loving hate,
O anything of nothing first ‘create!’
O heavy lightness, serious vanity,
Misshapen chaos of ‘well-seeming’ forms,

Aye me, sad hours seem long.

To refrain from living.
To abstain from conceiving the inner-beauty of every precious moment.
This is my only fear.
For this can not easily be stopped by one's self, once started.

I forebode a seemingly non-nonchalant change in the world.
I foresee the future to be no different from the present,
and I cherish it.

You are waiting for something to happen.
You are waiting for a change.
Why?
So you can only then wait for another one once you one?

Folly is the name of the man who waits on his car seat for the pleasure of a change of scenery.

For him the pleasure can only come from the seat,
For it is because of the seat that the desire has been made.

No comments: